- Corporate Social Responsibility
Empowering Our Associates
- Training and Development Programs
- Advancement Opportunities
- A Commitment to Diversity
- Volunteering in the Community
- A Scholarship Program for Associates and Their Dependents
- Competitive Benefits and Total Rewards Package
- A Safe Work Environment
- Inviting Feedback Regularly
- Hiring in Our Communities
- Military Recruiting Program
- Supporting Our Communities
- Operating Sustainably
Conducting Business Ethically
At Ross, our greatest assets are the people who work in our stores, distribution centers and offices. By finding bargains and keeping costs low, our Associates play an essential role in delivering great value to our customers. We work hard to provide an environment where our Associates can grow, succeed and contribute to the communities where they live and work.
Opportunities we provide include:
Diversity at Ross means promoting the acceptance and appreciation of every individual. Through our policies and training, we instill a culture of respect and dignity throughout the workplace, and require every employee to exhibit this in every interaction they have with customers and their peers. Our diversity program includes:
- Standard training on Ross' Code of Business Conduct and Ethics for full-time employees during hiring and orientation.
- Non-harassment trainings for all Associates.
- Benefit coverage offered to same-sex domestic partners.
- Support for cultural events in communities.
- Commitment to broad communication with translations to seven languages available to our distribution center Associates.
As a result of these efforts, our workforce is diverse, composed of people with a range of economic and ethnic backgrounds. Currently, 72 percent of our Associates are people of color and 77 percent are women.
Ross is an equal employment opportunity (EEO) employer committed to diversity. Our full EEO statement is available at corp.rossstores.com/eeo.