REGIONAL GIVING GUIDELINES
Ross invests in a small number of direct grants to charitable organizations that are located in the areas where we have a large presence and many Associates. Ross Stores considers a limited number of unsolicited requests from 501(c)(3) organizations across the U.S., and most donations are concentrated in the following regions where we have a large number of Associates.*
- Near our headquarters in the San Francisco Bay Area
- Near our Distribution Centers (South Carolina, Southern California, and Central Pennsylvania)
* At this time we do not accept unsolicited requests near our buying offices.
We consider donation requests from organizations that would be strong community partners. Organizations must meet the specific guidelines outlined below.
Ross will only consider requests that:
- Align with our charitable mission to prepare today’s youth for a bright tomorrow. We have a goal of building competence, confidence and character in the young people who need us most, and we partner with organizations to build academic achievement and life skills. Read more about our mission statement here.
- Fulfill a need in an area where Ross conducts business, e.g., near our headquarters, distribution centers or stores.
- Clearly describe how the donation aligns with Ross’ charitable giving focus areas on the official letterhead of your organization.
- Have not received a donation from Ross in the past 12 months.
- Include required documentation:
- - Letter describing your request on official letterhead
- - Completed Corporate-Based Request Form, found here
- - IRS determination letter and organization’s EIN
-Written confirmation from the organization’s management confirming tax ID number and 501(c)(3) status
Ross prefers to provide direct support to programs and services, and will not support or consider supporting the following types of requests:
- Has the purpose of spreading a political opinion or religious belief or request support for political or religious organizations.
- Comes from organizations that knowingly discriminate against any category described in our Equal Employment Opportunity statement.
- Provides support for individuals. This includes scholarships, research or travel grants, stipends, fellowships, personal assistance, conferences, training or learning programs, travel for reunions/anniversaries, mission trips, travel for races, contests, or competitions, etc.
- Provides support for sports teams.
- Sponsorships for special events such as benefits, walk-a-thons, golf outings, etc.
- Supports causes outside of academic achievement and life skills for young people; out-of-scope causes include fine arts, medical research, and drug recovery programs.
If you believe your organization meets the requirements outlined above, requests with complete documentation should be mailed to: Ross Stores Foundation, 5130 Hacienda Drive, Dublin, CA 94568.
Due to the volume of requests we receive, it may take six to eight weeks for recipients to be informed of an award. Ross does not accept email or fax requests.