Ross invests in a small number of direct grants to federal tax-exempt 501(c)(3) organizations, schools, and government programs that serve a community in an area where we have a large presence and many Associates, as described below. We consider donation requests from organizations that are strongly aligned with our philanthropic mission.
In summary, your organization must:
- Be a federal tax-exempt 501(c)(3) organization, school, or government program.
- Align with our charitable mission to create brighter futures by building academic achievement and life skills in economically disadvantaged youth, ages 3-24.
- Serve a community in an area where Ross has a large presence and many Associates, which are the following areas:
- California: San Francisco Bay Area, Los Angeles Area*, Moreno Valley, Perris, Shafter
- Pennsylvania: Carlisle
- South Carolina: Rock Hill, Fort Mill
* Eligible programs in the Los Angeles Area will serve the communities north of Long Beach, south of Burbank and Pasadena, and west of I-605.
- Have not received a donation from Ross (Ross Stores Foundation, Ross Stores, Inc., or dd's DISCOUNTS) within the past 12 months.
Due to the volume of requests we receive, it may take six to eight weeks for recipients to be informed of an award. Ross does not accept email, mail, or fax requests.